Monday, September 24, 2012

Yellowstone Park

On the way West from Sturgis I went more southerly than the outbound leg. I went through the Northern portion of Yellowstone. I had left Cody, Wyoming early so as to avoid the crowds but discovered that was not to be. Most of the trip through the Northern portion of the park was through an area burned about 15 years ago. The devastation was complete with the forest coming back nicely. The views were spectacular as a vista but greatly diminished by the fires.




 I was stopped by the road wondering what the holdup this time was when a motorcyclist next to me said it would be a good idea if I got off the bike and stepped away. He stated for some reason Bison do not like motorcycles, it was then i noticed the bear..er bison.
 As this male went by my bike I took a picture of him but he was so close and large all that came out was his side.He was out for his morning stroll.
 Bison family overlooking the tourists.
 Another vista in the park.
It is well known about the geologic diversity of the park . This rock rubble was a quarter of a mile from where I took the last picture.

No comments: