Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In Texas

I arrived in Texas a week ago and have spent the last 4 days waiting to get my security clearance for the Plant. Cannot work overtime or enter the PA (protected area) until the clearance is approved.

On the way one of my many stops was in Phoenix, Arizona. I stopped to spend the night with the "Kelly's". They kinda swallowed the anchor a year ago after their circumnavigation aboard Moorea, a DuFour 35. They purchased a brick home in Phoenix at rock bottom prices. As I was leaving town after my visit I heard a house advertised on the radio for $29000. I imagine the neighborhood would be a little dodgy but you cannot purchase materials for that sum.

Shortly after I arrived the Kellys and I went for a well needed jog. Felt great to jog/run after driving 1200 miles. The picture is of us in front of a sugaro cactus. I was told they do not develop the arms until thay are 75 years old. As you can see from the picture, a lot of holes in the cactus for the birds.

No comments: